School opens at 9.15a.m. and pupils are expected to attend school regularly and punctually. Doors will be locked at 9.20a.m. by the principal/secretary. Children who are late will go to the main entrance door near the office and the principal will greet them. Although often times it is factors outside their own control that causes children to be late it is important that they are encouraged to be punctual. If children continue to be late Ms. Feeley will ring parents or organise a meeting with them. Dismissal time is 3.00p.m. except for infants who are dismissed at 2.00p.m. Children in Junior Infants are let home at 12.30p.m. for their first week in school to help them adjust. There is no supervision in the playground before 9.15a.m. or after 3.00p.m.
Children who are not picked up by 3.05p.m., are to wait in the main entrance area near the principal’s office.
In the Interest of Safety:
- Pupils who cycle to school must get off their bikes at the school gate.
- Junior and Senior Infants and 1st classes are collected outside their classroom doors. In the event of a change of person designated to collect your child, please inform the teacher beforehand.
- All others wait inside the small school gate (2nd – 6th classes) or in the veranda.
- Lunch break is from 12.40p.m. - 1.15p.m. A consent form must be signed at the start of each school year for any child who goes home for lunch.
- No child is allowed outside the school gates during break periods.